Boasting some of the best views in the Gaslamp Quarter, The Pool House at Pendry San Diego is a premier rooftop lounge, embodying the essence of the Southern California lifestyle. Light, contemporary, and open-air, the indoor/outdoor space is perched above the Gaslamp’s famed Fifth Avenue and plays host to relaxed daytime and evening events featuring a signature bar and cocktail experience for poolside guests. The GQA staff was whisked away to a posh vacation resort during lunch time at The Pool House last week. After hopping into an elevator off bustling Fifth Avenue, we went up two floors to the pool deck complete with cabanas, lounge chairs, guests soaking in the sun and a chic “vacation like” vibe.
Once we settled at our table, we looked at the menu filled with refreshing sips like the St. Germain Cocktail, the Fresca Fizz and the Strawberry Daquiri, as well as Light Dishes, Salads, Sandwiches Burgers & Entrees and Sides.
What We Enjoyed:
- Our group decided to start off with the frito misto with delicious, fresh calamari, cauliflower, asparagus, Bay Shrimp, lemon and home made tartar sauce. We also munched on crispy tortilla chips and fresh guacamole with lime, serrano and red onion. If that wasn’t enough, we also enjoyed their coconut ceviche with fresh seafood drenched in a coconut serrano dressing with crispy plantains.
- For the entrée, Sherry and I both couldn’t pass up getting the Maine lobster roll complete with crispy shallots, tarragon chervil aioli, succulent lobster bites on a buttery griddled roll.
- Michael had the Kale Caesar Salad with chicken, lemon pepper dressing, and crunchy parmesan sourdough croutons.
- Reserve a cabana & day bed for the Sunday Pool Parties! Every Sunday, guests will be able to indulge in a gourmet fete and the premier rooftop lounge features a signature bar and cocktail experience, boasting bottle service, champagne, specialty cocktails, fresh juices and frozé. The luxe, urban oasis also has tranquil sounds from a finely curated soundtrack.
- Sunday is Funday at The Pool House. If you want to make the most of our legendary Pool House Sundays, then Bottle Service is the way to go! With this luxury service, you can enjoy personalized service in your own reserved oasis, which means that you can max and relax, soaking in the sunshine and the Sunday vibes in style.
- Not a fan of standing in line at the bar? The pool house offers Bottle Service on Sundays so you can make the most of your time there. When you reserve Bottle Service, you’ll be whisked right into the venue and to your party’s own private area. There’s absolutely no waiting in line, since your bottles and complimentary mixers will be delivered right to you. Then, you can make your own drinks to your taste and spend your time enjoying the pool atmosphere.
Make a Date by the pool at The Pool House today!
The Pool House
Hours: Open Daily 11AM-5PM
Location: 550 J Street, San Diego, CA 92101