PARQ San Diego, located at 6th and Broadway, combines both restaurant and nightclub to provide guests the perfect night out in the Gaslamp Quarter! This unique venue is comprised of 5 spaces: PARQ Restaurant, PARQ Nightclub, Lair Nightclub, and two additional spaces that can be used for private events or as a VIP area. During special events and holidays like Labor Day Weekend, Halloween, New Year’s Eve and more, all 5 venues are open with different themes and genres of music in each room to provide guests the ultimate party!
We met up with the Restaurant’s Manager, Erika, and learned a bit about the venues and tried some of their amazing food and cocktails. The Restaurant is decorated with beautifully lit trees that makes you feel like you’re dining under the stars. The Restaurant also features a live DJ that plays music for the guests. With touches like this, they want the restaurant to have a “fun-dining” vibe rather than just fine-dining.
What We Enjoyed:
We started off our meal with drinks. My friend is a Whiskey fanatic, so she was recommended the Not a Toki-yo Tea. This cocktail is PARQ’s take on an Old Fashioned. It features Toki Japanese whiskey, Carpano antica, Luxardo, Disaronno, and Grand Marnier. I prefer sweeter and fruitier cocktails, so I was recommended the Yes Way, Froze! This cocktail was refreshing, tangy and fruity, featuring frozen black box rose, svedka vodka, giffard’s strawberry, and strawberry puree.
Next, onto the difficult task of deciding what to eat! The menu is divided into 4 sections: Farm, Ocean, Stock & Table, and Big Plates. To get a good taste of the menu, we had our server recommend a dish from each section for us to try.
From the Farm section, we ordered the popular Grilled Cheese Dippers with tomato bisque and basil oil. The bread was crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside with gooey cheese that can give you the perfect cheese pull for that Instagram photo! The tomato bisque was creamy and complimented the grilled cheese very well. We both agreed this dish is the perfect comfort food snack.
From the Ocean section, we enjoyed the Hamachi Sashimi with crispy rice, pickled cucumber and soy caramel. The crispy rice in the soy caramel glaze contrasted the soft texture of the sashimi perfectly. This dish was fresh, light and had the perfect amount of flavor!
From the Stock & Stable, we tried the Potato and Cheddar Pirogies with pork belly, caramelized onion, sour cream, and apple butter. The Pirogies were very soft and delicious and the pork belly was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The sweet apple butter was also the perfect sauce to compliment the richness of the pork belly.
Lastly, from the Big Plates section, we ordered the Braised Beef Short Rib with soy glaze, cauliflower, maitake mushroom, Asian pear, and wine sauce. The beef short rib was so tender that we could pull off the meat with just our forks! The maitake mushrooms were delicious and soft and the cauliflower had just the right amount of seasoning. The flavors of this dish all complimented each other perfectly and was definitely our favorite dish of the night!
- PARQ is such a beautiful venue, that even their restroom is the perfect selfie spot. The lighting and décor will guarantee you the perfect new profile picture. We were told there’s many times where a boyfriend would be worried about their girlfriend that’s been in the restroom for too long, and when an employee checks, it’s almost always because they were too busy taking selfies.
- PARQ Restaurant is open from 6:30PM-10PM every Friday and Saturday. After 10PM, the restaurant side will still be open for Nightclub guests to sit and take a little break from all the dancing.
- A lot of the decor on the walls and chandeliers are put together by the employees and owners themselves and may even represent something special in their life.
- Celebrating a birthday or just want to make a friend feel extra special? The bottle services they have is amazing! You can purchase bottle service that gets delivered to you by a PARQ employee sitting on a plane or a throne carried by security!
- Lair Nightclub is open to ages 18+ on Saturdays
- All 5 venues are available for private events. Whether you only want to rent the restaurant or a combination of the 5 spaces, they can accommodate it all!
From the restaurant to the sound, lighting, VIP experiences, and more, PARQ created the ultimate club with the latest technologies and advances in entertainment to ensure that everyone has the best night of their life!