The Spencer Ogden Building, 1874
This is the oldest structure in the Gaslamp Quarter to be owned continuously by the same family. In 1881, Spencer and Ogden purchased the building from Charles de Laval, and it remained with the Ogden family. The second floor was added in 1885, and the original iron work of this French Renaissance-style building was replaced with newer material. One of the early tenants was a dentist who attempted to make fireworks, and blew away part of the second floor in 1887. Today, the Tipsy Crow calls the Spencer Ogden Building home.