Gaslamp Pet Parade & Pups in the Pub Party
Saturday, Dec. 16th, 2023
Get those ears perked and those tails wagging and prepare to unleash the holiday cheer in Gaslamp Quarter with your furry friends! The Gaslamp Pet Parade, Expo & Pups in the Pub Party returns to the streets of the Gaslamp Quarter on Saturday, December 16, 2023 from 10:00 AM – 4:00PM! Register your pets in advance at The Gaslamp Pet Parade for $25. The event is free to watch, so grab a spot at one of the patios along the parade route and be prepared for the best parade ever!
The festivities commence at 10AM with the Gaslamp Holiday Expo in the MLK park in front of the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter for a winter wonderland filled with festive photo ops, dog treats, Santa Claus, holiday tunes, and a variety of pet vendors showcasing their latest pet products.
Deck the paws with your pups in the Gaslamp and get into the holiday spirit with your best holiday costume. After the parade, stick around for the Pups in the Pub Party at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. Enjoy craft beers, holiday tunes, treats, holiday costume contest results, pups and peeps games, and lots of pup-tastic fun in the Gaslamp Quarter.
Join the merry fun with your fur baby during Gaslamp’s holiday costume contest at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter! 8 holiday costume categories you can participate and win amazing gifts and awards!
The 2023 Gaslamp Pet Parade will be led by Grand Marshals, the winners of the 2022 Best in Show. If you want a chance to be the Grand Marshal for 2024 and win some awesome prizes, make sure you enter our costume contest! There are 8 categories:
- Best Parade Float Costume: This award is given to the pet with the best parade float costume.
- Best Christmas Spirit: Awarded to the pet donning the most festive costume at the Pet Parade. All costumes are welcome at the Parade, but only those specifically celebrating the holidays are eligible to win this award.
- Best Matching Costume ( Owner/Pet): Awarded to the pet and owner donning the most festive costume at the Pet Parade.
- Cutest Pet:This award is given to the pet deemed most aww-inspiring at the Pet Parade.
- Most Outrageous Costume:Awarded to the most all-around creative and elaborate pet costume. This award is for costumes of all types, whether it be festive, sports-themed, kooky or scary
- Best Group Costume: (3 or more) – Awarded to the best costumed group of three or more in the Pet Parade. Get the whole family involved!
- Best in Show: (opportunity to be Grand Marshall at next year’s event) – Awarded to the absolute show-stopping, best costume of the Pet Parade. This award is given to the best of the best, and the winner is invited to join us and lead at next year’s 15th Annual Gaslamp Holiday Pet Parade in 2023!
- Stella Award: In memory of Taylor Kahle, McFarlane Promotions, and Gaslamp Quarter team member. Taylor loved life most when she was with her adopted pups, Roo and Stella. In that spirit and love to Taylor the Stella Award is presented.
Winners for the costume contest will be announced at the stage after the parade at the Pups in the Pub Party at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter.
After the parade, guests are invited to stroll to the third annual Pups in the Pub Party at the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter from 2pm through 4pm following the parade. Attendees can enjoy craft beer, complimentary goody bags, holiday tunes, games for pups & peeps, photo ops, and more!
Furry, scaly, and feathered family members alike are welcome to jingle all the way through the Gaslamp Quarter in their best festive costumes to ring in the holiday season. Registration is $25 per pet. The Pups in the Pub party is FREE. To register or for more information, please visit Gaslamp Pet Parade
To ensure the well-being of all attendees at the Pet Parade, we kindly request your attention to the following health guidelines:
- Health Check:
If your dog is exhibiting any symptoms of illness, we ask that you refrain from attending the event. This precautionary measure is in place to maintain a healthy and safe environment for all.
- Vaccination Requirement:
In line with our commitment to the health of all pets involved, we emphasize the importance of up-to-date vaccination shots for all participating dogs. Please ensure that your pets are vaccinated to promote a secure and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Your cooperation in adhering to these guidelines is greatly appreciated. Thank you for helping us create a safe and enjoyable Pet Parade for all participants.