Our Visitor Guide has news you can use
The 2012 San Diego Film Festival returns to the Gaslamp Quarter this September 26–30 with a brand new leadership team
Look for this year’s San Diego Film Festival to be a showstopper with MORE films, MORE industry and MORE buzz-worthy events! Be here to gather and converse with filmmakers and film-goers over five days in beautiful San Diego. There's no doubt the San Diego Film Festival will be of the hottest tickets in town this fall! Take a look at some of the events planned for this year’s San Diego Film Festival
• Gus Van Sant, two-time Academy Award® nominated director, will attend an exclusive Tribute and Film Retrospective! This will be the first-ever film festival film retrospective for this acclaimed director recognized for his work on Good Will Hunting, My Own Private Idaho, To Die For and Milk.
• Film Premieres and Over 100 Screenings
• Opening Night Premiere and Red Carpet Celebration
• Almost Famous Screening and Block Party
• Filmmakers Brewhaha and Awards Ceremony
• Industry Panels are back!
The San Diego Film Festival will feature over 100 new independent films over five days. Attendees have access to industry professionals and mingle with Hollywood’s hottest. Previous Festival guests have included Joaquin Phoenix, James Woods, Tatum O’Neal, Zach Braff, Colin Hanks, Jennifer Tilly, Joey Lauren Adams, Kevin Connelly, Christopher Masterson, Laura Prepon, James Van Der Beek and many others.
Past film premieres have included The Queen, Born Into Brothels, Prime, Super Size Me, The Assassination of Richard Nixon, Garden State, Taxi to the Dark Side, The Devil Came on Horseback, Hustle & Flow, and “West Bank Story”.
Films feature a diverse and competitive line-up of Narrative Features, Documentaries, Shorts and Music Videos; the opportunity to truly experience film is limitless. The 2012 San Diego Film Festival will include exclusive parties, industry panels, post-screening Q&A’s and VIP lounges — even if you’re new to the film festival world – you won’t want to miss this!
Passes are now on sale, join us for five great days of film, conversation and celebrations with the best in independent film-making. Be here!
Visit www.sandiegofilmfest.com for every little detail! See you on the Red Carpet.